Sunday, November 19, 2006

me and my family



I realized when I looked over my entries that I did not tell you all about my family. I was trying to get the gist of my goal out to you and forgot the biggest part of my team. I have been married for 5 years to an awesome woman Jeanne. We have two great kids Paige (4) and Ian (2). They are apprehensively excited for me in this endeavor, and I can see why. Jeanne has seen me do a few races where at the end I did not look so good. I once did a half ironman (a 70 mile race) and when I finished practically broke down cying. I don't know why, I finished pretty well considering it was wicked hot and I had nutrition problems. I just filled with emotion when I was done. I can't remember if I was happy or sad. I think just pissed because I had an off day. Anyhow, Jeanne has no perspective on the distance that I am trying to conquer. She does not race and thought the explanations I give her make sense to her, she still thinks I am crazy and she worries. Understandable. She is still supportive though and I am going to need that. My kids know I am going to swim and my daughter stretches with me a couple of times a week. Last week after we stretched, I thanked my daughter for "working out" with me. She informed me that it wasn't working out, her back was just hurting her a bit. HAHAH! Touche! My son is too young to know what I am doing, he just climbs on my head.

No comments: