Friday, March 23, 2007

one week

i am dreaming about my swim. this means one of two things. i am excited about it, or i am stressing about it. i think it is the latter. for the first time since i started this idea i am actually confronted with the magnirude of it. 32 miles is a long way. i can't run 32 miles right now. i could ride 32 miles but it would be a lot slower than i would be used to and i would feel it the next day. that is a funny thought.
part of my concern comes from last weeks 7 hour + swim at the lake. i was tired all last week from the 57k the week before. i had trouble getting any snap back in my arms all week. i told my friend chuck at the beginning of my swim sunday that i was apprehensive about the swim that day. i got in and things went well for the first 3-4 hours. somewhere around 4 hours my shoulders started hurting. around hour 6 they were bad and by the end i did not think i could take another stroke. on monday i couldn't lift my left arm over my head and i could not have swum 25 m let alone 32 miles. i have been eating anti inflamatories for 5 days now and got in the pool a coupld of times over the past two days to loosen up. it is feeling better, but not 100%. in addition i am still tired. i will rest a lot for the next week.
did an interview for baton rouge tv wednesday. it was on last night. nice.
more to come...
rocketboy

No comments: