Wednesday, July 4, 2007

July 4th

Hey everyone,
I can't believe it has been three months since I have posted. I apologize, but to be honest although I have been extremely busy not a ton of interesting stuff has happened. Well a little.
I took 8 weeks for my shoulders to heal completely. Amazingly, I have no pain at all and have been getting in the pool a little. I am slow and out of shape, but it will come. I began riding my bike and running quite a bit after the swim so I didn't lose too much aerobic base that I had built up over the swim months. I have been training for a handful of sprint tri's and will do a half IM in October. I began working with an old friend and coach, Terry Butts, recently. I will see the improvements quickly as he pushes me a ton. I actually like it though. I do not enjoy just doing workouts without goals and if possible i like to use a coach or set program. As I have said before I am coachable and will just about anything that a coach tells me, as long as I belive in the coach.
In May we had a get together with most of the Team at a friend of mine's house. Very nice to see everyone and hang out and talk about the swim a little. My mom made me a really nice scrapbook and framed a news article for me. I enjoyed it a lot. It is funny how on event can draw people so close together and then everyone goes back to there lives the next day. It is kind of a a surreal feeling. I have gotten to train with a few of the "boat people" and one in particular, Jeff Beck, has become a good friend and is getting more involved with Rocketkidz.
FRESH has completely blown up! It has been great. Business is basically double what it was as rocket. Funny how that works. I am planning another store sometime in the next year. The search for the right location has been trying as it truly is all about LOCATION.
Jeff Beck is going to help me get the Rocketkidz Foundation to the next level. I have decided to wait till later this year to do any events on the coast, camps or otherwise, as I do not want to just throw something together. In addition, Jeff and I are looking at many ideas for camps, events, and field days. We are excited and are working towards making this thing pretty big.
Jeanne is training for the second rocketchix tri and my kids are growing like weeds. will keep you posted as things progress and I start racing again. There has been a litttle bit of talk about the English Channel as my next big challenge. YOu have to plan 2-3 years out to get an optimum swimming slot with good tides and water temps. Amazing.

have agreat fourth!
Pat

No comments: